Monday, January 31

Chin Religion is Christianity

Canadian Group Protests

Of course as those who read the MTMblog know, we have been working with the Chin people for nearly five years. We do not object to the removal of crosses from mountain tops in the Chin State, but of course we object to the erection of Buddhist payas (pagodas).

But we must understand something that many do not understand in Burma. Political action is not the answer to the longrange problems of either the Burmese majority or the Chin minority in Myanmar. The only hope is in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

As I prepare to leave for Burma tomorrow, please pray for me that God will enable this humble servant to bring hope to both the Chin people and the Burmese people -- not in the form of democratic reform or other political action, but in the proclamation of the rights of King Jesus over all the nations of the world (Psa. 2:6-12).


Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

RB

No comments: